The Graduate College provides conference funding assistance to graduate students who present their research at conferences, meetings, symposia and similar professional or academic gatherings. The funds are allocated by the GSS Travel Funds Committee to deserving applications on a rolling basis throughout each fiscal year.
Applications must be submitted by the deadline for the cycle in which your travel took place and will be reviewed after the cycle closes. Applications submitted in the incorrect cycle or without all necessary documentation will be voided. You must be a current student in order to be reimbursed. Graduating students must submit their applications at least one month before the last day of classes in the semester they are graduating and should reach out to the committee chairs after submitting.
Here are the funding cycles:
- Cycle 1: July 23, 2021 -- October 22, 2021. Due: October 22, 2021
- Cycle 2: October 22, 2021 -- January 21, 2022. Due: January 21, 2022
- Cycle 3: January 21, 2022 -- April 22, 2022. Due: April 22, 2022
- Cycle 4: April 22, 2022 -- June 15, 2022. Due: June 15, 2022
- June 15, 2022, - July 22, 2022 will be part of Cycle 1 for the 2022-2023 funding year.
GSS/Graduate College Presentation Travel/Virtual Conference Funds are submitted and processed strictly electronically via the University Workflow system. Please read all instructions prior to submitting your application.
If you have any additional questions about GSS/Graduate College Presentation Travel Funds, please contact the committee chair(s).