Welcome to the Graduate Student Senate at The University of Iowa!
Website is currently undergoing work. There are a plethora of broken links. If you need information and the link is broken, please contact the webmaster!
The Graduate Student Senate is comprised of grad students, for grad students. We exist to give graduate students a voice in the dialog bteween students and the University, and to inform graduate students of opportunities for professional development, outreach, and social events. Our primary goals are to successfully run the Jakobsen Memorial Conference and opportunities for GSS Funding for graduate students. This website is designed to keep The University of Iowa community up to date with our activities, events, meetings, and membership.
Recent and upcoming events:
- December 8, 2016: Jakobsen Memorial Conference Application Open! Go here for application and guidelines
- May 3, 2016: Published results from the 2015-2016 GSS Graduate Student survey. For results click here.
- May 3, 2016: Election of new GSS Executive Council for the 2016-2017 Academic Year
- February 2, 2016: The first GSS General Assembly meeting of the Spring Semester.
- February 2, 2016: Extended GSS Jakobsen Conference submission deadline.
- March 26, 2016: GSS Jakobsen Memorial Conference
- December 21, 2015: View the statement GSS has released regarding the Aspire at West Campus Apartment Complex Aspire.
- November 18, 2015:The body of the Graduate Student Senate will have a special meeting with President Harreld, during which we will engage in critical, civil discussion about the future of graduate education at the University of Iowa. Here are the questions that will start our dialog.
- September 15, 2015: view the statement about the Board of Regents' presidential selection processed, approved for release by the GSS during the 5 General Assembly meeting.
Click here to find potential internal fellowship opportunities offered by the Graduate College.
Looking for a quiet space to work?
With help from GSS, the Main Library has created a dedicated study room for Graduate Students. For information on how to gain access, click here.